PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts & Prayers For Rick

stormy
April 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Rick's mother passed away unexpectedly yesterday. He is currently on a plane bound for Raleigh, NC.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Rick, and I hope it will give you peace of mind to know we're thinking of you. God Bless.

Mestral
April 14th, 2011, 11:31 AM
I too, will pray for him as he travels.

xzochye
April 14th, 2011, 11:36 AM
You and your family are in my prayers.

Texas Immigrant
April 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. I know how hard it is to lose a parent, I'll be praying for you and your family.

joyohjoy
April 14th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Sorr for your loss Rick. My husband and I will pray for you and your family.

Spartan
April 14th, 2011, 12:27 PM
If the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens (2 Cor 5:1).

May this thought give you consolation as you confront your loss. My prayer goes with you.

Night Owl
April 14th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Rick
My prayers are with you during this time of sorrow.

CenTexDave
April 14th, 2011, 12:51 PM
My sincerest condolences. You have my prayers.

gnatsum
April 14th, 2011, 1:12 PM
May God bless you and your family at this time, Rick.

circle_c
April 14th, 2011, 2:51 PM
May all the beautiful memories help to ease your grief
and bring you comfort in your time of sadness. My condolences to you and family.

siamcat
April 14th, 2011, 3:41 PM
My condololence to you and your family. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

cnjbond
April 14th, 2011, 5:08 PM
Our prayers are with you brother!

Mr. Lucky
April 14th, 2011, 5:48 PM
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers today.

Rick
April 14th, 2011, 9:22 PM
Thanks everyone.

And to my brother-in-law, (more like brother), Wolfcub who was my line of communications as things kept getting worse Wednesday. I know it was hard for you to continually give me the worsening news, but I needed to know exactly what was going on, Thank you!

bbh
April 14th, 2011, 9:55 PM
Take care, Rick. We're thinking of you.

dawglover
April 15th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Rick's mother passed away unexpectedly yesterday. He is currently on a plane bound for Raleigh, NC.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Rick, and I hope it will give you peace of mind to know we're thinking of you. God Bless.

I know first hand how difficult losing a dear loved one can be. One of the drawbacks of growing old is our having to experience the deaths of family and friends more and more often. It never gets easier either. It always hurts a lot. Rick and his family are in my prayers.

camgirl
April 15th, 2011, 4:33 PM
Sorry for your loss...God Bless

SamBrown
April 15th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your loss. We are thinking about you. Stay safe in your travels.

Rick
April 15th, 2011, 11:12 PM
Can't really talk about what went on today, (family matters) but it is nice to read this thread.

Thank you.

wolfcub
April 16th, 2011, 8:22 AM
Thanks everyone.

And to my brother-in-law, (more like brother), Wolfcub who was my line of communications as things kept getting worse Wednesday. I know it was hard for you to continually give me the worsening news, but I needed to know exactly what was going on, Thank you!

Thanks, it helps to hear that.

stormy
April 16th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Sorry Wolfcub....I forgot to include you in this thread. We are thinking about you as well. I send my prayers and thoughts to you & all your family.

joyohjoy
April 16th, 2011, 2:01 PM
Blessings and prayers to you and your family.

Rick
April 16th, 2011, 8:55 PM
Please keep the prayers coming for my older sister and brother. They are taking the death of our mother harder than the rest of us, including our step-father. He has always been a rock and still is.

Then, today, I was visiting my brother when the storms slammed the Raleigh area. The pictures below show a tree that came from somewhere and slammed into my brother's house. We first heard something hit the side of the house, and I told him and his girlfriend that we needed to get into the interior hallway, then we heard the big crash.

Yes, the base of that tree is in the hot tub. When it calmed down a bit, we went upstairs and saw the sky through the hole in the master bathroom.

Neighbors showed up instantly to ask if we were ok, then her son showed up and he and I took the clothes out of the closet so they would not get ruined. We had to do something.

They are in a hotel tonight and are fine. He has been dealing with some serious personal issues this past year, then our mother' passing, now his house was seriously damaged in the storms, so any prayers you can say for him will not be wasted.

Everyone else is fine, Wolfcub and my sister's house had no damage, but are without electricity. My step-dad (Mother's husband) and sister staying with him are fine, my Dad and sister out in the country are fine too. My sister said that the tornado passed over her house. So all in all, we are blessed.

My wife is flying in tomorrow and we are scheduled to fly home Monday night.

What a day!

Night Owl
April 16th, 2011, 10:20 PM
I am glad everyone is ok. Looks like a small tree but it still did a lot of damage. My prayers are with you and your family.

Rick
April 16th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Thank you NO.

It could have been, and was, so much worse in other areas of North Carolina. Last I heard, four confirmed dead.

irish
April 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Sorry for your loss.

Rick
April 17th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you!

The rest of the family, including my wife, came in today so we had a little get together. Tomorrow will be tough!

My brother was able to get the tree removed from his house and the insurance company came out to assess the damage. I talked to him tonight and he sounded good. Thank God!

The Torii Fox
April 17th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Hey Rick, I had no idea you were from Raleigh. I am too. I am sorry for your loss. I'm thinking about you and your family right now. Yesterday reminded me of Hurricane Fran and another string of tornadoes from the 80s. Take care sir, again, sorry for your loss.

sallydee13
April 17th, 2011, 10:31 PM

I am so sorry. Please know Rick & family are in my prayers.

Rick
April 17th, 2011, 10:31 PM
Torii, I am not from there/here, but damn near all of my family moved here when the economy in Ohio went south in the early 80's.

The news here tonight is saying that there were more than 240 tornadoes reported yesterday, which is more than after Fran.

Thank you for the thoughts.

cuatro
April 18th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Rick,
My prayers are with you during this time of sorrow. Losing a parent has to be so difficult, but know that the Lord is with you, and I pray He will grant you and your family a peace that passes understanding. "Sorrow may come in the night, but Joy comes in the morning!" God Bless you!

Liza
April 18th, 2011, 11:44 AM
So sorry for your loss. May the Lord wrap his arms of peace around you and your family amd give you comfort only He can give.

xzochye
April 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM
So sorry for the challenges that your family are going through. I remember when my father passed away one thing after another started happening. Just remember God doesn't give you more than you can handle and you always come out stronger.

Rick
April 18th, 2011, 9:42 PM
Thank you all so much. The Mass for our mother was very nice. A lot of people were there. We were expecting one hundred people and I would not be surprised if the number was closer to two hundred.

We weren't able to get a flight tonight, so we are coming home tomorrow.

prideworks
April 19th, 2011, 5:55 AM
Rick, my heart and prayers are with you in this difficult time. I'm very sorry you lost your mother, but I'm glad you had her with you for as long as you did. I hope you did not get caught in the tornado in Raleigh this weekend. Godspeed and take care of yourself.

Rick
April 19th, 2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks, I was at my brother's house when a tree crashed into it. I posted pictures of the damage in this thread.

Did you have anything in your area?

engteach64
April 19th, 2011, 2:25 PM
My thoughts and prayers go with him and his family at this time.

cityboy
April 20th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Sorry, Rick, nothing much sadder than this ...

Rick
April 20th, 2011, 5:25 PM
Thanks man, I know you went through it not too long ago.

Brad Buckley, D.V.M.
April 20th, 2011, 5:51 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

prideworks
April 21st, 2011, 9:03 AM
Thanks, I was at my brother's house when a tree crashed into it. I posted pictures of the damage in this thread.

Did you have anything in your area?

sorry it took so long to answer, work has been nuts..

My neice was getting married and the entire bridal group(bride,bridesmaid,maid of honor,mother)were at my house getting ready when it started. A familiar sounding wind started. I looked out the door and noticed trees blowing in 2 different directions and rotation in the clouds. I yelled "OK people, command announcement, everyone to the hallway!" Get a mental picture of this: gowns with trains, 12 heads of partially-ready hair and half-finished margaritas in a small hallway! :falldown

We ended up with just branches and trash cans on roof tops. It just skirted us in Asheboro and hopped over to Sanford and hit them VERY hard.

Rick
April 21st, 2011, 11:04 AM
That'll be a story for the ages. Glad it wasn't serious!

huh7
April 21st, 2011, 6:59 PM
Prayers are with you

skipster
April 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Sorry for your loss you are in my prayers

Rick
April 27th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Thank you all so much. Talked to step-dad tonight. He has her ashes with him now, so he says he knows he is not alone. He has received a lot of support from her friends and her side of the family. I'll see him next week when I go to nephew's First Communion.

As for me, I'm ok, but, all these Mother's Day ads are killing me. :(

prideworks
April 28th, 2011, 1:13 PM
Thank you all so much. Talked to step-dad tonight. He has her ashes with him now, so he says he knows he is not alone. He has received a lot of support from her friends and her side of the family. I'll see him next week when I go to nephew's First Communion.

As for me, I'm ok, but, all these Mother's Day ads are killing me. :(

It doesn't get better with time, but it does get easier...that may not make sense but it's the best way I can express it.

Rick
April 28th, 2011, 1:29 PM
I know what you mean.

Deb
May 6th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Sorry to take so long to respond. Just been busy, busy, busy. Rick & Wolfcub both have my condolenses. I thought about your family back in North Carolina last month with all the severe weather & tornadoes. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.

Rick
May 6th, 2011, 7:02 PM
Thanks. I am back in Raleigh this weekend for nephew/Godson's First Communion. Stepdad is doing well, and coming along nicely. It's good to see and this trip is helping me and my mental state A LOT.

Rick
May 8th, 2011, 6:09 AM
On the plane, going home. This was a good trip. Feeling much better. It is time to let it be, what it's going to be. (Does that makes sense?)

Ran late this morning due to not being able to sleep (dam shoulder), but I made it, even got First Class. Waiting f0r my omlette...yum! Thanks to my son for letting use his flight bennies. :)

Night Owl
May 8th, 2011, 3:11 PM
Good for you. Things do get better, never the same, but better.

wolfcub
May 8th, 2011, 3:30 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=300610&id=100001801096444

Thanks for coming Rick. We are really glad you could make it.

wolfcub
May 8th, 2011, 3:32 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=300610&id=100001801096444

Thanks for coming Rick. We are really glad you could make it.

Well I tried to post a pic of Rick & Dawson but it did not work.

Rick
May 8th, 2011, 3:45 PM
They can live without pictures of me!!! :)

Night Owl
May 8th, 2011, 5:08 PM
I totally agree!!!!:)

Deb
May 8th, 2011, 5:12 PM
I totally agree!!!!:)

I do too. But I would like to see a recent pic of Dawson. When I first started to talk to Wolfcub & Rick, Dawson was 4 or 5 years old. Next thing i know Dawson and Wolfcub were having their tonsils removed.

wolfcub
May 9th, 2011, 10:01 AM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226559_147645661972136_100001801096444_300609_5525 556_s.jpg

GOT IT!!!! LOL!!!

Rick
May 9th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Ok Chris!!! :duck:

wolfcub
May 9th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Ok Chris!!! :duck:

LOL!!!! new you would like that!! I posted it for Deb, she wants a current pic of Dawson LMAO!!!!

Deb
May 11th, 2011, 9:29 PM
Hasn't changed. Just got taller, and is finishing 3rd grade here in a few weeks. How time flies

Night Owl
May 11th, 2011, 10:08 PM
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/226559_147645661972136_100001801096444_300609_5525 556_s.jpg

GOT IT!!!! LOL!!!

Nice looking puppy and son!!!!!:)