PDA

View Full Version : The AMAZINGLY crazy changes in my dog since she got spayed

Pumpkingirl
March 20th, 2011, 7:11 PM
I wish I had video taped a before and after....because we don't have the same dog.
When she came home she was a bit "woozy" and of course all medicated. We sidestepped some of our home rules and allowed her to sleep at the foot of our bed (she normally sleeps in her cage with the door open...in our room). We also kept her inside 24/7 and her usual routine is outside during the day and inside at night.
She used to chew every damn thing in the house, gnaw it too death, she now cuddles. She used to chase our chihuhua into hiding everyday, now she seeks him out and sits quietly next to him.
She nests now....ALOT. We wake up and we have 4 sets of shoes, a couch pillow, the TV remote in the bed with us and she guards them feverishly.
She eats less, she whines more, she favors ME more and before she favored my husband.
Today I just wanted to clean so I put her in the backyard. A few hours later I check on her and ALL the pool floaties are neatly stuffed in her dog house (SERIOUSLY I HAVE A PIC). She also dug a hole in each corner of the yard (she was never a digger before).
She also barks less.
What the hell...has ANYONE experienced this and WILL it end and if not.....oh not if not....I want my dog back, well my dog back with the "liking the chihuhua thing" that works.

Spartan
March 20th, 2011, 8:28 PM
The law of unintended consequences strikes again. One can't fool with Mother Nature and expect things to go on as normal... either for dogs or for human beings.

Pumpkingirl
March 20th, 2011, 8:50 PM
The law of unintended consequences strikes again. One can't fool with Mother Nature and expect things to go on as normal... either for dogs or for human beings.
Can you tell the City of Killeen to tell Mother Nature that because they would have issued a warrant had we not got her spayed.

Imagine
March 20th, 2011, 9:19 PM
My dachsie got all motherly and hauled all the fuzzy toys into her corner of the room and wouldn't share. 14 years later she still won't share to the extend that our younger dog doesn't know how to play with toys. That's okay though, he has fun chasing falling leaves, butterflies, essentially anything that moves.

macs
March 22nd, 2011, 9:36 PM
Maybe it's a female thing. I've always owned male dogs and it basically stopped them from being so macho. They stopped pissing in the house, thank god! My old timer fixed chihuahua would go guard his EMPTY food bowl from the boxer and then when the chahuahua walked away, the unfixed boxer would show him....and piss in his bowl. Not cool! I fixed him and we have no more problems! Macho males are not safe at my house...LMAO