PDA

View Full Version : Can't Sleep

Scarlett
February 6th, 2009, 11:56 PM
I know Ambien works like a dream...but other than that, what solutions do you have?
I really don't want to take that EVERY night. But here it is, midnight, and I am WIDE FREAKING AWAKE....again...
Anyone have any suggestions?
I wanna i-)

Sunshine
February 7th, 2009, 8:14 AM
A cocktail :drinking

reader
February 7th, 2009, 9:26 AM
A good book. I keep one on the nightstand to pick up when I can't sleep. Even reading a good one makes me sleepy. i-)

CenTexDave
February 7th, 2009, 2:19 PM
Wake up your husband and have him take care of you!! :x:

Scarlett
February 7th, 2009, 2:22 PM
You got jokes CenTex...
He ain't ever here...lol.

dragonfly
February 7th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Try taking a melatonin supplement

Here's a little info for ya
http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/tc/melatonin-overview

I use it for those times I can't sleep through the night.

Good luck! i-)

YSkool?
February 10th, 2009, 9:01 PM
Scarlett,

If it weren't for Ambien I would be a sleep deprived zombie by now. I know what you mean about not wanting to take it everynight, but I pretty much have to. I can FALL asleep with no trouble...it's STAYING asleep I have trouble with. The Ambien helps with that. I also do this weird sort of sleep walking where I will wake up and be in the kitchen with the fridge door open staring into the fridge. I don't know why. did the fridge fairies come and I want to get something to eat? I don't know.

I've used Melatonin, as well. Our whole family uses it when we travel overseas. It really seems to help my husband and kids the most. I still rely on my Ambien the most, though. A pilot told me that Melatonin works really well for people who have weird sleep schedules, so that's why we chose to try it.

Another option is good old, tried and true Benadryl. Take 2 or 3 of those babies and you ought to be out soon. (usually).

Scarlett
February 10th, 2009, 9:06 PM
Too funny that you would say that...when I first started taking Ambien I used to wake up in the morning to find food out..haha. I am glad I never "sleep drove." I will take the sleep eating any night.

Yeah, I just got my refill today. I try to not take them on the weekends, but if it is a work night, I take it.
Gonna go take it now!

Voice-of-Reason
March 4th, 2009, 9:28 PM
Not a sleep aid, but Benadryl knocks me out like a sledgehammer, and I'm 6'3" at 210 lbs.

Proud Texan
March 4th, 2009, 9:31 PM
Had a dr. tell me to take some tylenol PM

CenTexDave
March 4th, 2009, 9:36 PM
Drink a bottle of NyQuil.

siamcat
March 4th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Nyquil makes me sleep like a baby.

Scarlett
March 4th, 2009, 10:22 PM
There is a reason the people in the NyQuil commercials are in bed already when they take the medicine....

Proud Texan
March 4th, 2009, 10:23 PM
just be carefull there have actually been people to get DWI's off of nyquil

SunDevil
March 4th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Melatonin gives me terrible dreams, like my child is being murdered kind of dreams.

Tylenol PM gets me to fall asleep but I wake up all night long.

I tried drinking Chamoile tea and it did make me sleepy but the stuff tasted like I ran hot water down the bottom of my husband's boots.

Ambien CR is the only thing that works for me. I cut my pills in half so I don't feel like such a junkie. I travel overseas several times a year and only take a whole pill when I'm trying to adjust time zones. Otherwise the half pill does the trick.

Scarlett
March 4th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I think a whole pill, followed by a shot of vodka and half a bottle of Nyquil does the trick....

Proud Texan
March 5th, 2009, 7:22 AM
Ahem Scarlett now you know better than that. A shot of tequilla would be better than vodka.

Scarlett
March 5th, 2009, 7:39 AM
My tequilla shot days are behind me...haha...

Proud Texan
March 5th, 2009, 7:49 AM
Nope never to old for tequlla, but damn i just found that patron a few years ago and that **** is good but expensive.

skipster
March 5th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Have to disagree with that point I am too old for Tequilla yes the sleep is good but them Tequilla hangovers kill me. I have used the Tylenol PM but I never seem to wake up refreshed when I use any kink of sleep aid I wake up feeling groggy. What I usually do is watch a movie on TV once I get drowsy I roll over and am usually out for the night. Of course the movie can't be too exciting I don't think Jason or Freddy:shock: would lull me into sleep.

Rick
March 5th, 2009, 12:32 PM
So what if you take an ambien, get knocked out, then wake up two hours later?????

Oh and don't send text messages after taking an ambien. You may have to answer for them the next day!!! :wink:%%-

Scarlett
March 5th, 2009, 1:55 PM
Or you may get ASKED about them the next day and refuse to answer...HUH Rick??:smackdown

Rick
March 5th, 2009, 2:36 PM
I don't think Rick was refusing, Rick h8s texting, then the subject gets changed before he can answer!

SunDevil
March 5th, 2009, 4:19 PM
So what if you take an ambien, get knocked out, then wake up two hours later?????

I originally read this as "get knocked up" and thought for a moment that this thread was going to become really interesting.

Scarlett
March 5th, 2009, 4:33 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy **** that was funny.

Army Sarge
March 5th, 2009, 8:51 PM
Reminded me of an old joke about getting a visit from the Ether Bunny.....:bluerofl

skullitor
March 10th, 2009, 9:46 PM
Scarlett; Take a shot of NyQuill. it works.I-) I-) I-) I-):-$